2014年1月10日金曜日

Movie review

I watched the movie-Super Size Me. 
It was documentary film. The directer of this film did a experiment for using himself. That experiment is that what happened on the person who eats only McDonald's food for one month.

I chose this film because recently, in Japan, there are many fast food stores and they are getting more and more popular. And Japanese traditional foods are getting more and more decrease.
So I am interested in fast food so much. And I really wanted to know what happened on this directer.

This film was very shocking for me. The bad influence of this experiment was very serious and there are many bad effect.  Because of eating McDonld for one month, he Not only geined weight but also suffered from depression. I was very surprised at that.  

Thanks to this film, I could know how important the meals for every day  are and realize how wonderful Japanese traditional foods are again. 

Of course eating fast foods is not bad. It is fast ,delicious and cheap. However too much eating them is really really bad.
So we must think about eating more serious.



4 件のコメント:

  1. As you said, fast food are loved by many people in the world because it is convenient, good taste and cheap. When I was a high school student, I often ate fast food after school club activity with my friends. Can you expect how much had my weight gained? 4 kilograms! And, Acne broke out because of eating too much high fat food such as fried potatos, hamburger, and so on. Then, I learned how important I maintain a healthy food every day.

    返信削除
  2. I'm glad you were able to watch "Super Size Me," Hitomi. I watched this film three or four times because I liked it so much. Did you notice that Morgan Spurlock's girlfriend, Alex Jamieson, is vegan? She thought he was crazy to undertake such an extreme stunt. After his "experiment" ended, Alex put him on a "de-tox" diet.

    The most remarkable thing about this "experiment" that Morgan Spurlock did was that it only lasted for a month yet the effect on his physical and psychological health was profound. Granted, he did eat ONLY McDonald's food during this time, which is something that few McDonald's customers would do. In fact, that was one of their criticisms of his film. On the other hand, there are many people who eat a diet that's mainly composed of fast food and they continue that lifestyle for far longer than one month. Regrettably, there are "food deserts" in the U.S. where few options other than fast food is available. Food deserts are places, usually inner city areas with high levels of poverty, where few supermarkets exist and people are forced to subsist on a junk food diet, especially if they have to rely on public transportation and the buses or trains aren't convenient. There are some interesting maps that show food deserts in America at: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=high-and-dry-in-the-food .

    I was interested to read about Minami's experiences in high school. Clearly her diet has improved since she came to university. Fortunately, the area around the campus is just the opposite of a food desert...it's a food oasis. With Kinokuniya, Natural House, and many healthy (even vegetarian and vegan) restaurants in the area, it's not so difficult to stay healthy.

    返信削除
  3. I watched the same film for my movie review. This movie was a wake up call for me who was eating mcdonalds every day.

    返信削除
  4. I heard of this movie before but I haven't watched it. Maybe I will watch it some day. It really surprised me to know that he continued to eat only McDonald's for a month!

    返信削除