2013年12月20日金曜日

Japanese food culture, BENTO 弁当

This video Introduce us to Japanese food culture, especially Bento. Bento means lunch box .And many Japanese mothers makes Bento for their children and husband early in the morning. Recently Chara BEN is very popular in Japan. Chara BEN is the BENTO which is decorated with characters.( for example, Hello kitty,Mickey mouse, Minnie mouse and so on) Before I watched this video, I never thought Bento is unique habit, but in other countries, it is rare to bring homemade lunch box. When I heard the story, I was so surprised. Then I want to know about lunch box in other countrieies.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I enjoyed watching that video. It does make it possible for us to see the fascination that foreign people have of the bento phenomenon. Most American mothers would think that Japanese moms who make such elaborate and artistic bentos have a lot of time on their hands.

    When I was in elementary school, my mother generally just made me a simple sandwich on white bread and threw in a banana and maybe a small bag of potato chips or a mini box of raisins. On special occasions, I might have been given a potato omelet sandwich. Some Westerners have tried to make their own versions of Japanese bentos. You can see some of them at: http://www.annathered.com/2010/08/10/20-easy-bento-for-kids/ .

    返信削除