2013年10月18日金曜日

Food aphorisms

This time, I  introduce two food aphorisms which I agree with and disagree with.

"Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate."
―Alan D. Wolfelt
 
I agree with this aphorism because I have experienced like this. When I was a child, I was often scolded by my mother. I am very very obstinate person, so I couldn't apologize to her though I understood I was wrong. Then I often had a quarrel with my mother. The chance of reconciliation between us is always the time when we have a meal. My mother understands my character and she realizes that I want to be reconciled with her. At that time, she serves a meal. My mother and I shore the dishes and we became friendly than before we ate them. When I looked this aphorism, these things reminds me.

On the other hand I couldn't agree with this aphorism.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."
―Kate Moss

I know about her because she is very famous fashion model. I like her but I could't agree with this aphorism. She is a fashion model so she must keep her skinny and perfect style. So I think she said like this. But I love eating foods.In my opinion,Whenever we eat something, we become happy. I think eating is living. But this aphorism denies that. So I disagree with this aphorism.

1 件のコメント:

  1. It's great that you understood the deep meaning behind the aphorism "Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate." I was moved by the illustration you gave for how it related to your own life. That was so well expressed. It shows that you've probably matured a lot since the days when you took a long time to reconcile with your mother.

    About the other aphorism, the one attributed to Kate Moss, I agree with you completely. If your livelihood depends on being skinny--like that of Kate Moss--it's natural to have such an opinion. But, taken to extremes, as you point out, the expression could be interpreted as a denial of life and that which provides us with life, so it's not a healthy way of thinking.

    返信削除