2013年10月25日金曜日

The first impression of my book

I chose the book―Japanese Women Don't Get Old or Fat. But this is the first time foe me to read a non-fiction English book.
I was interested in this book because the author of this book is Japanese woman-Naomi MORIYAMA. For long time, I am interested in Japanese food culture and Japanese diet very much. Naomi wrote about Japanese diet in this book, so I chose this book.And Amazon's review also attracted my interest so much.
On the introduction, this book explains why Japanese women have the lowest obesity rate in the developed world 3% versus 11% for French women and 34% for American women, Japanese women are the world champions of longevity-and healthy longevity and the American Dietetic Association calls Japanese style eating a "passport to health" and suggests we " take a lesson today from the Japanese table". Those are very interesting for me and those attracts me so much. So I really look forward to reading this book!!


1 件のコメント:

  1. I'm glad you chose this book. It sounds very interesting. I would like to read it too. Those statistics for obesity in various countries are really revealing.

    返信削除